Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science (AMSS) in the Chinese Academy of Sciences, is a national comprehensive academic research center of mathematics and systems science. AMSS now has 15 Members of CAS, 2 Members of CAE (Chinese Academy of Engineering) and 5 Fellows of the Third World Academy of Sciences. There are graduate students, doctors and post-doctors, altogether about 500 in AMSS. Information about AMSS can be obtained at http:// www.amss.ac.cn.
AMSS is striving for internationalization and aiming to attract high-level experts and promising youth with doctor’s degree abroad.
I. High-level experts
(1) Be Younger than 45 years old, with doctor’s degree, if an applicant is especially outstanding ,but no older than 50 in principle; be expected to have assumed a position not lower than Assistant Professorship and equivalent positions.
(2)Be well established in the relevant academic fields, with significant achievements in scientific research acknowledged at home and abroad; Be capable of leading the disciplines to reach the leading level in the country and be influential in the world.
(3) Be capable of working at least nine months annually in the AMSS.
(1) Title of professor and academic leader.
(2) Cozy working environment, preferential support for setting up laboratories according to the requirements of disciplinary establishment and projects of scientific research, as well as research assistants, equipments and funds for research in laboratories.
(3) A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, and negotiation is acceptable for outstanding Candidates.
(4) Can be offered a free temporary apartment about 100 – 150 square meters.
II. Promising Youth with Doctor’s Degree
35 years old or younger in principle，with doctor’s degree, experienced and potential in the academic fields, with outstanding academic achievement universally acknowledged domestically and overseas, candid and cooperative.
(1) Cozy working environment, preferable support for the lab construction, as well as research assistants, equipments and funds for research in laboratories.
(2) Besides the salary and the related welfare for ordinary faculties, additional position allowance is provided.
(3) Additional housing subsidy in addition to that granted by the government.
III. Submission Details
Candidates may submit their applications via e-mail, postal mail or fax. The applications should include:
a curriculum vitae, a list of publications and research achievements (including publications, research projects, patents, prizes, affiliations, conference papers or invited speeches, etc. ), future research plans, names of three references with full information for correspondence, and detailed information for correspondence (including telephone/fax number(s) and e-mail).
IV. Disciplines and Specialties for Recruitment
Fundamental Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Probability and Mathematics Statistics, Operational Research and Cybernetics, Management Science and Engineering, Complex systems and Control Theory, Systems theory, Computational Mathematics, Cryptography and Coding Theory, Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering.
V. Contact Us:
Mailing Address: Human Resources Office, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No.55 East Road Zhongguancun, Beijing, P.R. China
Postal Code: 100190
Persons to Contact: Ms. Liu